The Printed Fox: Of Hallowed Fiends and Darkest Fortune Excerpt

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Of Hallowed Fiends and Darkest Fortune Excerpt

Happy Hump Day! It is once again time for the Hump Day Hook, where writers get together and share little hooks of a work-in-progress, a new release, or anything of theirs they want to hook you into knowing more about!

If you're interested in being a Hooker yourself, head on over to the Hump Day Hook Blog and add yourself to the list!

For this week's hook, I've chosen Of Hallowed Fiends and Darkest Fortune, my novelette prequel to my WIP Duchess of War now available at Naughty Nights Press. Anya and her husband, the Duke of Eodel, are...shall we say...getting to know one another.

-=[~]=-

 Anya quivered in her rage. This was what came of marriage! You were chattel to a man's every whim! He could lock you in a trunk and haul you to his capitol, or whip you naked through the streets to the castle gate. Her bottom still protested if she sat down carelessly! "I'd rather sleep with the dogs," she whispered. Her heart was racing.

He threw back his head and laughed. "Nonsense!" As if he did it every day, he strode to a nightstand and withdrew a long wooden paddle from one of the drawers. "I would never risk giving my dogs mange with such low-bred company. They are too dear to me." He sat himself down in a chair in the center of the room and beckoned her with a finger. "Lie across my knees, my dove. I do not tolerate my Duchess talking back to me."

-=[~]=-

If you've been enjoying my hooks from my WIP Duchess of War, check out the novelette's prequel Of Hallowed Fiends to find out how Anya ended up in her predicament in the first place!

Thanks for visiting! If you enjoyed that and want more hooks, please visit the other members of the Hump Day Hook group and show them some love! Head on over to the Facebook group if you'd like to join us, check out the blog. Happy Humping!