The Printed Fox: Thinkin' about books

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thinkin' about books

So I still have no idea where I want to focus this blog, but that's okay. I'll call The Printed Fox a WIP, thereby allowing myself the freedom to let it go in different directions and see what works.

In the meantime, I'm going to share some books I've been thinking about.

There are so many authors I've been finding through Twitter, either because people re-Tweet something and I go check it out, or it randomly shows up in my feed even though I'm not following certain people. But I love it! I'm always looking for new favorites, especially since I haven't added a favorite author to my list since I stumbled across Loretta Chase and George R. R. Martin about three years ago.

Before that, the last favorite author to be added to my list was back in 2000. Honestly, at that rate, I don't know if I'm extremely picky or just really insular.

The first author I've run across recently is Natasha Blackthorne. I've been considering buying A Measured Risk, Book 1 of her Regency Risks Series. It looks wonderful. My favorite thing about it is one word in that description: Rubenesque.

It's been so long since I've seen anyone else use that word at all --let alone to describe a novel-- that should be enough for me.

The second is Alice's Wonderland, which doesn't come out until next month. But it honestly looks like a story that'll have me grinning at some of the hilarity that promises to ensue.

Debating.

These days, my reading list is so long and my reading time is limited to a few minutes every day. By the time I'd get around to reading them, I'll have probably forgotten why they appealed so much to me. And if I put them at the top of my list, that shoves off all those books that are still waiting their turn.

I have books on my Kindle list that I swear I don't remember ever buying.

Crazy, huh?

Cheers,